This option is available to those who would like to learn Yoga on a private, one to one basis. It provides the opportunity to adapt the session to your own individual needs and requirements. It is the traditional way of teaching Yoga.
There may be specific areas that you wish to work on, for example you may be interested in learning techniques to help you manage stress, anxiety or to improve stiffness and pain associated with poor posture. Whatever your requirements, I am happy to discuss with you how a Yoga practice can help you support your physical, emotional or mental health.
Over the years I have been working closely with GPs and Physiotherapists who have been referring their clients to me to help them with:
- Reducing stress and anxiety, clients included students preparing for exams as well as business people in high pressure work environment
- Improving their performance in specific sports and decreasing the chance of getting injuries, by learning Yoga practices that can be used as a mental and physical preparation
- Relieving insomnia
- Staying healthy during pregnancy, and gaining calmness and confidence for labour and delivery.
- Relieving symptoms of the menopause.
- Improving joint, neck and back pain, particularly when this is relating to poor posture
Some people also like to attend Yoga on a one to one basis for a few sessions before joining a group class, particularly if there are any injuries or medical conditions that can be better looked after in a session that is tailored to one’s needs.
If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me.